Thursday, November 6, 2008

Reckless words pierce like a sword, but...

Proverbs 12:18

Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

God has been really working on my words lately. I find so often that my words of sarcasm, or shortness really can take a toll on those I am around. Have you ever heard the term- every sarcastic comment has truth in it? How much easier would it be to give someone a compliment or speak life into someone rather than say a sarcastic remark that has no meaning and ultimately is useless in the kingdom of God. If every action and word we say is held accountable at the end of my life, I want to make sure I spend my time speaking life and using my words to heal hearts rather than using worthless words that mean nothing.

So what?
Will you take the challenge and speak words of life that bring healing today or will you fall to words that cut into people? Go to war today to make your words worth something on this side of eternity! Find at least 10 people today to give a compliment to. Instead of fighting with your parents and siblings tell them how much you appreciate and love them. Lets change the world through our words!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love... lets DO change the world with our words and actions!!

will