Friday, May 22, 2009

Focusing in

Offer your praise to the Lord who renews our strength when we wait on Him:
O God, my heart is steadfast; 
I will sing and give praise, even with my glory. 
Awake, lute and harp! 
I will awaken the dawn.
I will praise You, O Lord, among the peoples, 
And I will sing praises to You among the nations. 
For Your mercy is great above the heavens, 
And Your truth reaches to the clouds. 
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens, 
And Your glory above all the earth (Psalm 108:1-5).

Pause for personal praise and thanksgiving. 

Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
O God, You know my foolishness; 
And my sins are not hidden from You. 
Let not those who wait for You, O Lord
God of hosts, be ashamed because of me; 
Let not those who seek You be confounded because of me, 
O God of Israel (Psalm 69:5-6).

Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. 

Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
"This is My commandment, that you love one another 
as I have loved you" (John 15:12).

As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
the Lord's leading in your life,
opportunities for evangelism,
your activities for the day.

Finally, offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
May the God of patience and comfort grant you 
to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, 
that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God 
and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 15:5-6).

No comments: