Monday, April 6, 2009

A day of Meditation on the Work of Christ

The Work of Christ

By the Cross…

I am Ransomed

The Son of Man Came to give his life as a ransom for many. Matt 20:28

For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption (God has purchased us with his blood), the forgiveness of sins. Col 1:13-14

…with your blood you purchased men for God Rev 5:9

You are not your own; you were bought at a price.
1 Cor 6:19-20

I am Atoned For

…justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement through faith in his blood. Rom 3:24-25

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins. 1 John 2:2

This is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
1 John 4:10

So What?
Pray these over your life and as you do start by thanking God for each thing Christ did for us and then- out loud- pray them over yourself .
For example: I am ransomed- thank you God for ransoming me, for setting me free from all of my sins, and this world that tries to hold me down. Help me to understand your sacrifice and live in a way that I would live a ransomed life daily for you.

No comments: