Friday, February 27, 2009

What it has to do with your actions!

The first day of football practice, I can remember it just like it was yesterday. I had no idea how to put on my pads, so I had to have my coach and my friends help me get it on. Then after I got it on, I remember that I couldn’t even move, it felt so weird having this huge piece of plastic hanging on me and I looked really funny too. Before long though, I was getting used to it and after I took that first big hit, I was like “Thank God, I’m wearing this stuff”. The Bible talks about this same thing. When we first become Christians it feels different than how we were used to living. We need Jesus (our coach) and other Christian friends to help us. Here is what the Bible says:

Colossians 2:6-7
And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.

Just like I had to learn how to play football, we need to learn how to live as Christians. We need to keep following Jesus and everyday we follow Him, He is going to teach us more and more. It is the greatest adventure we will ever go on. Better than a roller coaster, better than a safari, better than a haunted house. Living and growing with Jesus is mind blowing.

SO WHAT?
Think about an area of your life that you need to follow God more closely in. Are you overflowing with thankfulness like the verse says? Are you able to live and be kind to your friends and your family all the time? Today, commit to follow God more closely in one area and keep following Him in that area until you can live it the way God wants you to.

"I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions."
Dorothy Day

No comments: