Friday, February 6, 2009

Never Give Up!

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.”
Michael Jordan
Professional Basketball Player
1963 - Present

SO WHAT

"As I sit here alone with my thoughts tonight, I remember some of the times I have failed, fallen and messed up. Some of those events were more than flubs; they were fiascos. One could wonder why I am still here, enjoying the blessed life. The answer is twofold: first, it's because of the grace and mercy of a loving God Who is not the God of a second chance, but the God of another chance. Secondly, I am still here because at the point of my most grievous and embarrassing fall I made a decision to get up and give it another shot. When you fail, you will hear the voices of a crowd who is eager to brand you 'Failure'. But please know there are other voices to be heard; the voice of God and those of hundreds of other christians who are cheering you on. Never give up!"

No comments: