Wednesday, October 8, 2008

You Can Be A Jason!

Proverbs 3:1-4
1 My son, do not forget my teaching,
       but keep my commands in your heart,
 2 for they will prolong your life many years 
      
and bring you prosperity.
 3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you; 
      
bind them around your neck, 
       write them on the tablet of your heart.
 4 Then you will win favor and a good name 
       in the sight of God and man.

I once had a friend who I really liked a lot. One day I thought to myself “It’s like Jason is friends with everybody”. After that I started watching him more closely. I watched how he talked with teachers, I listened when he talked to new kids at school and I heard how he joked around with his close friends. Know what I found out? Jason was a friend to everyone. It wasn’t because he was the football star, or because he was popular or had money or was cool. Everyone liked Jason, because he never talked bad about anyone. He never went behind anyone’s back. He was always making people smile and he would always go out of his way to do something kind for anyone.

SO WHAT?
Because of how Jason lived he was responsible for 100’s of kids from his school seeing that Jesus was real and full of love. Everyone knew he was a Christian and he showed everyone what a true Christian is really like. He didn’t conform to the rest of the kids at his school, he let God transform him into a amazing Christian. How can you show your school that Jesus is real and full of love? What do people who know you say about you when your not around. People always talked about how Jason was always smiling and how he would always say hi to them and ask them how they were doing. Something as simple as that can make you a Jason in your school. Try it! There is no reason not to.

No comments: