Thursday, October 30, 2008

Can I Really Do That?

Lately, I've been struggling like crazy to trust God for the things in my life that are really important.
I feel that it's easy for me to trust God with feeding the children in Africa and it's easy to trust God to love me, but when it comes to what I'm suppose to do today I get confused. Everyday we make so many decisions and they all impact our lives in huge ways. Choices we make in our relationships with our parents and friends can change the quality of our lives. If we make the right decisions then we will live a great life, or if we make the wrong choices our lives are going to take a nose dive. I had been getting so caught up in trying to make sure I didn't make a stupid move that I was driving myself crazy. Then I found this verse:

Proverbs 3: 5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.

I realized after reading this verse that I don't need to be freaked about every choice I make. I need to trust God to lead me.

SO WHAT?

God will only lead us if we stop trying to run our own lives. If you are tired of spending most of your time wondering if you are making the right choices, then just STOP! Stop trying to make your own life happen and start trusting God. Lean not on what you think you should do. Take time to let God speak to you and make sure you take time to listen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that really hit the spot for me today. i was reallly nervous about my new project, but im not anymore!

Thank you fushion
-Austin E

Anonymous said...

I still struggle with that, giving God ALL my burdens. But.. if i do not i will be miserable until i ask him to take them away! So trust and ask!